Family Footsteps

Family Footsteps

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kristina and Scott got some comp tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert for a few couples. He is a manager of the Ambulance company that covers the events at the arena. It was a great concert! We sat in box seats at the Hockey arena. It was nice- there was no fighting the crowds, etc. I'm glad we went full- the ice cream cake we thougth about getting was $40 plus tax and tip!! So Nate just took a cup and ice- that I think was actually for the beer:)





The concert was started by Josh Turner, who I didn't know by name(I don't remember famouse people's names!) He has a REALLY LOW voice and I think I liked him even more than Carrie. He was relaxing, and just plain good twang! His back up vocalist and keyboardist was his wife!!! I related to that- I've got the best keyboard/lover!!! I just have to convince him to be my back up vocalist, too:o!

Carrie was an amazing performer!! I can't believe the energy she can keep up there!! It made me feel OLD, though because it was way too loud! She made 4 costume changes that were all fun. One pictured below is when the lights came on under her dress- it was a HUGE gown and was fun. That was when she sang some of my favorites. Jesus Take the Wheel and others. Then she sang about her home town in OK and we tried to take a photo of Raina, who is still homesick to Oklahoma!!







2 comments:

kimbo said...

Wow! I'm totally jealous. We love Carrie and Josh Turner (Ken's downloaded several of his songs). Sounds like a great time.

Jenny said...

Oh that looks so fun!! Chelle told me about planning to go. What fun. Your kids are too cute! Annie is still a bit young for the snow...next year!