Family Footsteps

Family Footsteps

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

lights, CAMERA, action!!!

We bought a camera on Black Friday! We are very excited. However, I'm not sure I like it. I loved our last camera. It was a great "point and shoot" and I am known for terrible pictures, so it was perfect for me. This one has a LONG delay when you take the picture. I need to figure it out or return it. So here are some pics for anyone who cares.

I spent most of last week prepping for, setting up, and tearing down decorations for one of the rooms at the Nativity Display. It was a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it. I actually think I needed to be a part of something. It turned out beautiful. Hundreds of Nativities ranging from Playmobil to a full marienette stage set up. I left feeling a huge graditude for the Savior and his love for us. Of course I didn't take any final pictures.


Our best Black Friday deal- a prelit christmas tree. I was shopping with a friend, Jenn and Julia, an exchange student from Germany. She couldn't believe I was buying a fake tree. Neither could I. In Connecticut...( I find myself saying those two words way too much! Live in the now, Jen!!) You can check out older posts to find yesteryears' quaint Christmas stories. I let the kids decorate and didn't move a single ornament!!

The kids as serious as they could be at the moment.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definately hard not to think about past places as home. I still struggle with always talking about AZ 1.5 years later! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Even though you're trying to live in the NOW we still miss you in CT. Good luck with your camera! I have trouble with ones that have a delay too.

Borders Family said...

Your nativity room was so beautiful! What a lot of work you did. Count me in next year to help you. I am the worst with cameras. I bought one on Black Friday too, but I purposely bought the cheapest one I could get because I break them all the time. Good luck with yours.

hughesfam said...

I'm glad that you got to be involved with setting up the Nativity Night. Sometimes we just need something to keep our hands busy and our minds occupied. It seems as though your heart needed that! Your tree looks great too.

Amy Turpin said...

SOOOOOO glad you finally got a new camera!!! I miss pictures. I was going to put something on before about how your blog hadn't been updated in a while, but then I looked at mine and realized it had been a while for mine too. :)