Family Footsteps

Family Footsteps

Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of School

After the much awaited move, we made it to Ohio on Monday, visited both schools Tuesday, and Wednesday was the real deal! The kids had a great Day.


Shawn on his way to Intermediate School. He was so proud to open his locker on his own.

Cara was such a beauty getting on the bus. Her comment after school(or one of them!) was, "The first part of the day was dumb, then later I made 4 friends!" I wasn't surprised at all!!

Our new friends. Betsy and Marielle came by to bring the cupcakes pictured below. Isn't that so adorable? I felt very welcome! Then we went to Ikea and Ryan and Marielle found a great closet to play in that even had a light switch inside.(above) Thanks, Betsy!!


3 comments:

Amy Turpin said...

I'm so glad you have already made some friends. I love Cara's dress!! The kids looked so great on their first day of school!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!
Your kids looked so cute in their school pics. Ryan looked like he was enjoying IKEA too! We miss you guys!

hughesfam said...

Hey, Jen- glad you made it through the first day of school. We get to do that next week. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm sorry I sound so pathetic. This journey is just much harder than I ever expected, but I'll be okay. Love you!