Family Footsteps

Family Footsteps

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Ordinary Days




I was looking for some ordianry pictures of our days here at Grandma and Grandpa's house and was sad to not have any. I am going to try for our last few days to snap these precious times.

You never know what to expect when you live with your parents for a while. Will we drive them crazy? Will the kids ruin their house? Will we need more privacy? Will two women drive each other crazy?

I am so glad to report that, for us at least, these last 6 months have been great! Our kids have had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa almost every day. I know I will miss having someone to share the shopping, meal planning, preparation and clean up. It's the spontaneous moments we're going to miss the most. Evening walks, board games, walking to church, piano lessons around the corner. It is touching when the kids are tired of being gone all day and can't wait to get "home" to Grandma's house.

We will all be happy to be in our own space, but I am sure it will not take long before I hear, "Mom, can we go to Grandma's house?"

0 comments: