Anna, Cara, and Shawn waiting in line at Conference Center
We were lucky enough to get seats on the 12th row from the pulpit at the afternoon session of General Conference yesterday. I'm glad we got to go. Being there with 20,000 people singing the hymns together was inspiring. The process of 20,000 people coming and going from the same building was overwhelming, but I am grateful we had the chance to go.
Grandpa Wilkey's cousin is the brother in-law to President Monson's secretary. Is that confusing enough? Our tickets said "Monson Family" on the bottom which allowed us to walk in late, right after the prayer. We were there and parked about an hour early and still couldn't get in on time. It was a little awkward walking in as they were sustaining the General Authorities, but we were pleased to have such a great seat. Afterward we ran into President and Sister Stratford from our CT days. It was great to see and touch a piece of that part of our hearts.


1 comments:
We were at this session, too! I was also very touched by the music. Beautiful.
Post a Comment