Nate and I each did some temple work while we were there.
It was lovely! There is dark woodwork all over. The murals inside are exquisite. As you enter there is an assembly hall, like the Kirtland Temple. Then you walk up a spiral staircase to the dressing rooms. I was just touched from the moment I entered and it increased as I progressed through and all the way to walking out the front door to a beautiful view of the Mississippi River. It took my breath away. It brought me to tears. I thought of all our ancestors who have passed on to a heavenly life. Some of them were a part of this place. There are moments I feel like I'm at a crossroad where the past and the future come together. This was one of them. I love my family tree. I love my roots. I love my husband and the foundation we are trying to build on. I love our children and our future family waiting to come join in on the fun! Here at the temple, the whole family tree comes together!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment