Family Footsteps

Family Footsteps

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Last year on Memorial Day we went looking for some ancestors blindly at a cemetary I found that day.
Well, this year we had better luck. I found an alphabetical list online of people buried in a cemetery in the town where Ken and Kim now live.
Kim's mom, Joyce came along with all of us and we started looking for the ancestors we knew were buried there SOMEWHERE.
It was not well taken care of and as most headstones 300 years old, they were fallen and some were even buried in the trees that have grown into them!!Joyce had the best eye and found 2 Barnums. Ken found another. None of which were who we were looking for- however, this picture of us next to Keziah Barnum was the right name- only the birth date was what the death date was supposed to be.
I've looking this woman and can't find her. Now I am determined to find who she is and where she belongs in this Circus of a family:)
Thanks so much, Joyce for being so excited. Thanks Ken and Kim for looking and trecking in the overgrown mess of a cemetery. You were all troopers!!

1 comments:

Grandma Joyce said...

This was so much fun! I know you were supposed
to find Keziah for a reason. Do her work anyway!!
Are you related to PT??